Monday, April 18, 2011

No, I'm not Tagging Your Neighborhood...yet

This is a sketch that I did while pretenting I was going to make a spraypainted  statement on the side of a building.  I always wanted to try this artform, but not go to jail. So to compromise, I have decided to use my sketchbook. It's so much fun coming up with funky letters and cartoon drawings.

I have really mixed emotions about graffti. I love it  as a artform, but I hate it when I see a building that has been newly tagged in my neighborhood. Oddly enough, I don't mind seeing it on a train. I remember enjoying reading the graffti on the bleachers at middle school and I even took a pictures. In high school, the graffti wasn't as cool for some reason. Maybe the rock you could paint out front took away all the fun of defacing the bleachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment