Friday, May 20, 2011

Learning to Letter

I have always loved different types of handwriting style and fonts! I can spend hours looking for the perfect font to copy.  One day I want to actually be able to letter and paint signs...that look amazing!

I love seeing a faded sign on the side of a building and thinking about how much time and energy went in to create it. People who paint and hand letter signs are few and far between nowadays thanks to computers.
For right now, I am going to keep on practicing and one day, maybe I'll be ready to paint the letters instead of just drawing them and hopefully keep an old fashioned skill alive.  If you know of anyone who letters signs, please share that with me because I would love to get some lessons.

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute, fun, and energetic handwriting. Maybe you could do tutorials of this type of handwriting and maybe tutorials of different handwriting you know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea about doing a handwriting tutorial. Thanks so much for your kind words! You've given me inspiration to get blogging again :)

      Delete