Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's Time to Wake up the Blog!

Well...it's been a long a time...too long since I've posted on this blog. I was inspired to dust off the sketch books and start over again after receiving a very nice comment about my handwriting style. So thanks to you dear commenter, you've lit a fire and I thank you for it.

The other day, I found an old National Geographic magazine at work and inside were these lovely photos of roosters. I sketched from the magazine while watching TV one night last week and this drawing is the result. I also had some fun playing with all the different effects in Photoshop to add a really textured look to the second sketch.


Original Rooster Sketch

Rooster with Photoshop texture 
So stay tuned, I have many projects brewing! In between dreaming of baking the perfect cookie and finishing a quilt for a baby that's walking now, I have decided that I need to make time to draw as well. You know, just squeeze it in somehow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment