Monday, February 20, 2012

Nova's Bakery and Urban Sketchers

Well, one of my inspirations for beginning this blog in the first place was another blog called Urban Sketchers. It's a remarkable blog where many wonderful artists contribute their artwork from all around the world. They are simply sketching their city surroundings. It all looks all so easy until you try it.

One afternoon I was going to try on location drawing. Instead of standing there drawing, I just took a picture of Nova's Bakery and decided to sketch from that instead.  So this is the sketch that resulted.

Originally I thought that you needed to go to cities like Charleston and Savannah to find gems to sketch, but that's not true. Charlotte's got a lot!

Hopefully I can get more into sketching on location. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment